Wednesday, March 15, 2006

For All you Mother's Out There.


Photo by Anne Geddes
<--------------------------------------------------------------->

This was sent to me a long time ago, and I have been saving it in my email inbox, so I don't lose it. I was meandering in there today and found it. I could think of no better a place to post it than on my blog.

The author is "Unkown". What a shame, this is lovely!!

--------------------------------------------------------

I gave you life, but cannot live it for you.
I can teach you things, but I cannot make you learn.
I can give you directions, but I cannot be there to lead you.
I can allow you freedom, but I cannot account for it.
I can take you to church, but I cannot make you believe.
I can teach you right from wrong, but I cannot always decide for you.
I can buy you beautiful clothes, but I cannot make you beautiful inside.
I can offer you advice, but I cannot accept it for you.
I can give you love, but I cannot force it upon you.
I can teach you to share, but I cannot make you unselfish.
I can teach you respect, but I cannot force you to show honor.
I can advise you about friends, but cannot choose them for you.
I can advise you about sex, but I cannot keep you pure.
I can tell you the facts of life, but I can't build your reputation.
I can tell you about drink, but I can't say "no" for you.
I can warn you about drugs, but I can't prevent you from using them.
I can tell you about lofty goals, but I can't achieve them for you.
I can teach you about kindness, but I can't force you to be gracious.
I can warn you about sins, but I cannot make you moral.
I can love you as a child, but I cannot place you in God's family.
I can pray for you, but I cannot make you walk with God.
I can teach you about Jesus, but I cannot make Jesus your Lord.
I can tell you how to live, but I cannot give you eternal life.
I can love you with unconditional love all of my life . . . and I will!!!

-----------------------------------------

12 Comments:

At 7:30 a.m., Blogger Margaret said...

What a wonderful picture and message. Thanks for this, Carol. I have seen the picture before, but I haven't read that peice. I am going to print it and put it up on my fridge for all my kids to read and, hopefully, ponder on.

 
At 9:09 a.m., Blogger Carol said...

Margaret,

I have seen that picture too. I remember thinking how small that baby was,and it reminded me of Keegan when he was born. Upon finding the picture to post, this baby is actually 12 weeks premature also.

 
At 9:52 a.m., Blogger footsack said...

That is very nice. Love that picture. I have also read that piece. (notice how you spell piece Margaret??? You spelled it wrong :)
Just thought I'd let you know.
I think I also have it saved somewhere in my in box. It is very good.

 
At 9:57 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

That a really nice little poem, Mom... that reminds me of pictures of Keegan, too... goodness, he was soo small... Looking at pictures reminds me how precious life is, and how he's very lucky to have made it...

 
At 10:01 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is lovely, thanks for it! Mom - you're a spelling Nazi.

 
At 1:20 p.m., Blogger Claudia said...

Oh my gosh, that is beautiful!
I love Anne Geddes and her photos are just magically adorable, is that makes sense.

 
At 5:18 p.m., Blogger Margaret said...

OK Mitz. Or should your new name be Spelling Nazi? Since you jumped on me for spelling piece wrong are you going to jump on Claudia for saying "is that makes sense" instead of "if"? Do you know you make people nervous? I'm not sure I can comment on any more blogs. I'm getin moor an mor nevus. What am i gona doo?

 
At 9:35 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Ack, the bad spelling!! It hurts us, precious!! *drools and twitches slightly*

 
At 3:34 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

I am not even going to say anything about spelling. I have done my share of typo's and invent new words every time I type.

 
At 12:47 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah... I still like "numberous"... YESS!!

 
At 5:05 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Am I supposed to see something other than this? This is the last thing I can see posted, even though Uncle John said something about a cat post here...hmmm.

 
At 8:31 a.m., Blogger Claudia said...

oi .... quit picking on me!!
It's acceptable that I make mistakes on spelling, English is my second language, so HAH! LOL

And I meant "if" not 'is'
Sometimes this keyboard is slippery.

Me kno hau tu spel - "I know how to spell"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home