Monday, March 06, 2006

My Sister is moving.....

Ok, for those who don't know me that well, I was adopted as was my older brother. At the age of 28 I went in search for my "birth mother." ( You should also know that I had a child at the age of 17, and gave her up for adoption.) In any case, I do have contact now with the child we gave away (Tara, and her son Adam.), and my birth mother Ellen, and her second husband Bruce.

This new family has also given me 3 half sisters ( in order of age) Bev, Colline, and Darlene, and a half brother Ken. It was actually my sister Bev who wanted to find me. And without going into a big long blog to explain the whole situation, I hope I have summarized it here. Bev is married to Darren, and they have 2 children Alex and Cassandra (Cassie for short.) Last July they come to the island for a visit. Even though the weather was not great, Bev really loved the island (Who wouldn't?) For a long over due first honeymoon, they came to Victoria in Feb. They came up for a visit on the week-end. After their first trip to the island, Bev stated that if she could, she would move here in a heart beat. But was not too sure how Darren felt about it. Then their second visit to the island, and again Bev said she would love to move here. But again, not sure how Darren felt about it.

Well I spoke with Bev on the phone the other day, and they are wanting to move out here, and would like to be out here for the kids to be able to start school in the fall. I am keeping my fingers crossed, and saying lots of prayers, that they sell their house and are able to find something out here that would be suitable for them.

This is going to be weird. Growing up, all I had was an older brother, and I always wished that I had a sister to spend some time with. Now I hope that will happen.

6 Comments:

At 6:51 a.m., Blogger Margaret said...

This is soo exciting for you! I will pray for their house to sell and for them to find the perfect place close to Parksville. How great would that be for you to have a sister close by.

 
At 7:03 a.m., Blogger footsack said...

I don't know Carol..sisters are not always that great. I have this sister, she never calls me anymore and she lives so close by and yeah....sisters...hummmmm..:o|

Just kidding, I hope you have a great time with your sister and things will go well with thier move.

 
At 9:12 a.m., Blogger Carlie said...

Oh! This is so awesome!!!! I also have a 1/2 sister and a 1/2 brother that no one really knows about, even me... You are very blessed Auntie Carol! All the best to you!

 
At 9:16 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

That's cool that they want to move out here... I think that Grandma and Grandpa Coleman need to come and "visit", too... I miss them... and then we can go boating and get pulled behind the tube and splash Keegan when he falls asleep...

 
At 12:45 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

I agree that Grandma and Grandpa Coleman should come out for a visit. I think they would love it out here.

 
At 5:43 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, sister! I'll ALWAYS be your sister!! Congrats on the extended family! (((HUGS)))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home