Monday, March 20, 2006

My family...... continued



I just recently got sent a picture of my sister ( half-sister really), but I prefer SISTER....since I never had any growing up as a child, and always wanted one. Now I have 3 of them!!! I am lucky. Their names, in order of their birth, are Bev, Colline, Darlene, and a brother Ken.

My sister Colline, ( whom I haven't seen in a very long time) just recently sent me a picture. I first saw a picture of her when I was 28 ( so, just a couple of years ago), ARt and I thought that Colline and I looked alike.. Not sure I see the resemblance now, but I am sure it's there, once I have a harder look. (We all had the same birth mother, but not the same father's.)

Anyway, this is a recent picture of Colline, and her boyfriend Torquil ( yep, definately a unique name, and I hope to find out more about it), and their dog Caleb. I am hoping to be able to get some pics of my other family and get it posted here also.

8 Comments:

At 10:10 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Torquil?? That is an interesting name... It's cool that you have sisters... Which reminds me, I should call and talk to Tara... because, now I have a sister, too!! Well, I always did, but now we know where she is... Does Tara have email?? I'd be more likely to email... I'm bad at calling people... I'm not a phone person...

I don't see the resemblance either, but maybe it's the hair... *shrug*

 
At 1:31 p.m., Blogger footsack said...

That is too cool. I can totally see the resemblance. All you have to do is cover up all those black curls and yep...she looks like you. :)
Glad to finally see what your sister looks like.

Now I am waiting for Margaret to post so I can have a good laugh at her spelling mistakes. I really need a good laugh to day.

 
At 4:55 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

Mitz,

thanks for the comment. It's nice to hear after all these years that I have someone I look like. Not that I didn't hear it as a child, and saying how I looked like my Dad....but knowing I really did not have any of my Dad's genes in a way made it not really a compliment, but more a comment.

 
At 6:45 a.m., Blogger Margaret said...

Wow! You do look like her! I didn't think so at first but then I did what my mean sister did, (covered up the hair) and there you are. I look like one of my sisters, too, but not the mean one. :-)

 
At 11:56 a.m., Blogger Trav said...

i don't know auntie margaret... my mom can be pretty mean.... she forgot my birthday one year

 
At 4:27 p.m., Blogger Cindi said...

My Grandma's the nicest ever!!! I'm mad at you now uncle Trav! She phoned and left a message on the phone just for me!!

 
At 6:35 p.m., Blogger John said...

Having family, even found ones at this time, is always a good thing. I even like my sisters when they fight on your blog. Wish I was there to here you scrap... ah memories. No idea if she looks like you or not. Nice pics though.

 
At 1:59 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

Yes, it sure is nice having family, even if it's long lost family.....or newly found family................it's all good!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home