Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Miracle Worker

I keep reading all these posts that talk about various shows that they watch, and how good it is.

I am not one who watches TV, just to watch Tv. I enjoy the fact that I now have a TV in our bedroom, so if Art is watching something to do with cars, I can go and see if there is anything more to my taste to watch. I usually like stuff, like the Learning Channel, where they take you somewhere that you likely won't be able to visit in person, or something to do with history. (Amazing, since I absolutely hated history when I was in High School.)

Anyway, I did like watching Extreme Makeover Home Edition. It made me cry every time. Seeing these deserving people get a home. And seeing what some of them actually lived in. Makes me feel blessed that I have a decent home.

Now, I have discovered Miracle Workers. It takes people with critical illnesses, etc, and gives them a chance at a better life. Now, of course there are risks, but how can you not cry, when they have taken a child who was blind at birth, and given him the ability to see out of one eye!! I am in awe of the show, and the people involved.

In a time, when they seem to have reality shows from people losing weight, to those who want to quit smoking, to those trying to survive on an island for a million bucks, it's nice to see that there is still something on the "boob tube" worth watching.

11 Comments:

At 8:19 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were just talking about this show tonight. Miracle Workers. It's amazing. When that guy got to see his wife for the very first time and looked at her and said with suprise "you're so pretty!" I just lost it. Sobbed my little heart right out. I love Extreme Makeover Home Edition also.

 
At 6:29 a.m., Blogger Margaret said...

I, too, have just gotten into watching Miracle Workers. I love it almost as much as Extreme Makover-Home. Both are really great shows.

 
At 9:06 a.m., Blogger footsack said...

I finally got to watch Miracle Workers for the first time on Monday. Loved the show. There is also a show on Life Network called Life's Little Miracles and it's all about kids. It's a continuation so you don't always see the complete outcome but it's great. I do still ove Extreme Makeover Home Edition the best....so far.

 
At 1:50 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Mom, next time that show is on, you should let me know, and maybe I can come watch it with you... and we can cry like a bunch of saps just like with Extreme Makeover: Home Edition...

I love Life's Little Miracle's too.. soo cute... There was this poor little boy, who was having epileptic seizures constantly... They put these electrodes directly on his brain, and tested him to see if they could remove the part of his brain that was causing the seizures, and it would affect him... His head was wrapped up and had wires coming out of it, and his face was all swollen, it was soo hard for that little guy... Eventually, they did the surgery, and he stoppped having seizures... They showed him right after, sleeping, and his mom said that was the first time he had slept straight through the night without having a seizure... I nearly lost it...

 
At 7:40 p.m., Blogger Becky said...

I am so over Extreme Home Makeover. When it first came on it was my favorite show, but the whole thing has gone so over the top. For one thing how can you still call it a makeover show when they tear down the house? That's not a makeover, it's just a new house. They should call it Extreme Home Giveaway or something. Also, what is wrong with those designers? Even I, pregnant Becky with Braun blood coursing through my over-emotional veins, don't cry that much. I am so sick of watching them pretend to cry, I think it is completely put on... And don't even get me started on Ty the freakazoid with a megaphone... I could write a book about how irritating that former hotty has gotten...

 
At 7:42 p.m., Blogger Becky said...

I like Miracle Workers though. Good show. AND the host doesn't cry, or use a megaphone. I cry every time, and that's the way it should be.

 
At 4:19 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

I still don't mind Extreme Makeover, but find I don't watch it like I used to. Maybe now that we have a few more channels available, I am being a lit more picky about what I watch on TV. Except for the few comedies I like to watch, I find if it's not informative, I usually don't watch.

 
At 12:15 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

I saw that one too. That is actually the first one I have seen on Miracle Worker, where the patient dies later. At least it's nice to know in one epidsode, the total outcome of all their efforts.

 
At 7:58 a.m., Blogger John said...

fishing shows people, fishing shows.

 
At 9:23 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Fishing shows?? I remember when we had Peasant Vision (no cable or sattelite) when we were kids, and my dad would insist on watching those fishing shows... I'm sorry, but I'm not even patient enough to fish, much less watch a show about it... You spend half an hour or an hour watching some guy fish, and you don't have any to eat after!!

 
At 2:01 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

Art would be with you on the Fishing Show thing John. I am with Carrie, how boring is watching a fishing show, if you can't be there to enjoy the catching of the fish. That is why you GUYS go fishing isn't it?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home