Yep, more house stuff
Below is a picture of the kitchen after we took the ugly flowered wallpaper off, and painted that wall yellow.
And now after painting the rest of the walls a different color ( Swiss Cream). It was hard to do, since our countertop is a kind of pink and blue mix ( it really looks more purple)and also find something that would go with the yellow.

As with all houses, there were not any lights above the kitchen sink. I really hate that, you can tell the house was not designed by a woman!! Art found some nice little pot lights that he installed above the sink. It looks really good.

This is Kato, one of the 3 huge cats that occupy our house and lives. Kato is the curious one, and loves to jump into anything he can find. The dryer, bathroom sink, anybody's backpack, and also the box that our keyboard came in.

And this is Kato's litter-mate Beau. He is more shy and reserved...actually what I would term a fraidy-cat. He is one who loves to curl up with me the moment my butt hits the couch, and he will purr like crazy even if you just look at him. Kato and Beau both have wonderful temperaments....not like any other cats I have known.


13 Comments:
Does it ever look better. That wallpaper was atrocious. I love your kitchen now, it's awesome.
Also, that's is the cutest picture of Beau-be-beau. I want to go over and give him a head-butt.
Wow what a difference that a little color can make!! It looks great, I wish I could come to see it in person.
Connie
Very nice work. Wow, the more I think of it,the more I think you and uncle Art should go into business together doing this for a living. I can't believe how nice the house looks. I love yellow kitchens, they're just happier.
I don't really know what the ugly wall paper looked like before, but I love the colour you picked. It makes the whole room look bright and clean. Very nice ;) Do you want to come and paint my place?? *lol*
Carrie I am sure fuzzy-butt would love a head butt from you. I noted yesterday in the living room he had the same pose. Thanks Melanie, it took some doing, but we are happy with the kitchen. Now it just needs new baseboards, and replace the old ratty heater and we are done in the kitchen ( I hope!!) I like the yellow kitchens too, it just brightens them up. We painted the kitchen in Spruce Grove, yellow also.
Connie, you are welcome anytime!!
Kathy, I did not take a picture of the old wallpaper, likely cause I hated it so much. I am sorry I didn't now, but suffice it to say, it was small pink and blue flowers all over that whole wall. YUCK!! In regards to coming and painting I am not sure if you can afford me. (j/k)
Hellooo...wow, u guys are working so hard on your house, that is so rewarding when it's all done, and it really looks so great!!
Yep, houses can be time consuming for sure. But also feels better, and also makes it feel a little more like home, when you can add your own touches to the house.
It was a rental house before we bought it, so it was in dire need of work. We are slowly getting to it.
Ooohh, I love the colours of the walls, so bright and happy! :-)
It does feel so much better to get things fixed and painted. I still sigh a big huge sigh when I go into my bathroom and all the pink is gone. Just heavenly...
Yep I know what you mean Mitz,,,everytime I look in the back yard, or walk into the kitchen I still admire the difference. I guess only cause I put up with it for so long.
I just realized, in that one picture, those are those flowers that I got you. They smelled so good.
Yes, they are. Thanks again for them. They were beautiful, and they did last quite a long time. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home