Tuesday, June 13, 2006

More house Updates.

Below is a picture of the front of the house. I am not sure why people out here think they need to have the front door painted a totally different color than the front of the house. I recall seeing a house just recently, where the front door was painted purple ( and not just purple, but a really dark purple....gross!!) Why this color on the door I am not even sure I can say what color it really is. But one thing is for sure, I didn't feel it matched the house.



And now for the new front door. Although the door is old, and we eventually will have to replace it, I figured even just a small change would make a big difference.

And voila! the new door.



Below is a picture of the front flower garden before we took out all the stones, and the half dead cedar trees that were there.


And now the same flower garden, less the stones, and the poor half dead cedars. A few flowers, and a little trimming, and lots of decent dirt. Makes a big difference. Ofcourse these pictures do not do it justice, it looks a lot better in person.

11 Comments:

At 10:35 a.m., Blogger footsack said...

Wow Carol. You have been really busy. It looks great. I didn't even notice that your door was blue but you're right, the brown or taupe matches way better.

 
At 1:06 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see it in person
See you in about 2 weeks
Sue

 
At 1:14 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I agree, Mom!! Although I love purple, having a purple door?! No. I once saw a grey house with a bright cherry red door. Honestly, it was awful. I agree, it looks MUCH better than it did. You still haven't gotten bedroom curtains yet, though. If you don't get them soon, I'll have to buy you some or something. Seriously. The pink waffle blanket doesn't go with your comforter set either, so I think anything will be better than that.

Auntie Susan, are you coming here?!

 
At 8:58 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

Yep, now comes the finishing in the kitchen. Now that we painted the one wall, and the ceiling, now we have to paint the other walls, so they match.

Sheesh, it feels like once you start it never ends. But it feels good to get it done.

 
At 1:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes carrie We are.
we are leaving here on June 25th and taking a few days to drive and visit some friends in Vancouver we should make it thier about the 28th or 29th. we are looking forward to seeing everyone and being part of the family fun for aleast a week or so.
Love
Auntie Sue

 
At 5:35 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

Sue,
We look forward to seeing you.

 
At 10:01 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Yay, Auntie Susan! I'm glad that you're coming!

 
At 10:42 p.m., Blogger Becky said...

Okay everyone... Don't be mad, but I liked the blue door. Actually I like the brown too, but I thought the blue was pretty. I want to repaint our house yellow and then paint the door some wild color cause I like it on other people's houses, but I don't think I have the nerve. I'll probably just re-paint it white to match the rest of the house. Maybe if I added a little daisy somethin somethin I could feel satisfied...

 
At 10:52 a.m., Blogger Melanie said...

I as well liked the blue door, and the brown. There's a blue house with white trim and navy shutters across the street from Peter's parent's house, and they have a cherry red door. It looks awesome, I love it. I would like to just live somewhere I could paint. My entire apartment is standard white with flourescent lighting in the kitchen, which I never use. I use lamps in that tiny space, I hate the lights so much....Nice work on the yard - you guys have been really busy!!

 
At 4:23 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

I guess I am from the old school. I prefer the brown. I don't mind that the door was another color, just didn't think that is went with the "tan" color of the siding. To me it just made the door stand out like a sore thumb. Actually up close it was more of a blueish-grey color. Anywho, the deed is done, and we will eventually have to replace it.

 
At 8:49 p.m., Blogger John said...

I think the door should have tiger stripes. Nah the house looks good. I personally don't care the color of the door, so long as it keeps bugs and rain out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home