Saturday, May 27, 2006

Brother in law is here

Darron is here this week end. He is the husband of my sister Bev. After visiting us a few times in the last year, they have decided that they would like to move to the island.

Darron is out here for a job interview today, and since he's in the area, will be looking at a few houses that are up for sale. They are wanting an acreage, with some land, as Darron prefers that to living in a city. Their plan is to be here for their 2 kids Alex and Cassie to start school this fall.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, and saying a prayer or two that all will go well for them. That will be a first, having a sister who will be living in the close vicinity. I always wanted a sister!!!

5 Comments:

At 6:45 p.m., Blogger Margaret said...

I hope for your sake that they move soon. It is nice to live close to a sister. I have lived close to both of mine and it is pretty nice. I just wish mine would have a little less to do and that I would have a little less to do so that we could get together a little more often. Hint hint, Mitz.

 
At 1:50 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope too that your sister can move close to you. It would be very nice to live close to your sisters. I remember how it was before,but then, first Mitz then Margaret buggered off on me and never come to visit anymore. It can be very lonely. So God Bless you Carol in your new found sister-hood.
See you soon
your other kinda of sister
Sue

 
At 2:50 p.m., Blogger Melanie said...

I definately think Auntie Sue should move to the island. That would be great. I'd like the whole family out there, that way I can see everyone at once. It sucks living away from everyone sometimes. Have fun with your sister Auntie Carol!!

 
At 4:16 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

Update from Bev:

I spoke to her last night. They have put an offer in on a house,but it had an offer on it a week ago, but full of conditions.

They put an offer in with no conditions, and spoke with their bank to obviously be able to get interim financing.

They should hear more this Friday. I am keeping everything crossed that I possibly can. It will be nice to have them close, after a life time of not having anyone other than an older brother.

 
At 7:25 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

Thanks Margaret, they plan to be here for July 15th to give them a chance to get settled before the kids start school.

Sue, I know what it's like to be lonely at times. I have not had people close to me move, I seem to have always been the one to move away. Looking forward to seeing you when you are out here.

I agree Mel, Aunti Sue should definately move out here. That would be awesome!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home