Tuesday, May 23, 2006

The Shed and other happenings

Yep, I realize it, it's been a while since I last blogged. Mostly cause our home computer's hard drive crashed, and had to be fixed. Thankfully we had put an extended warranty on it, so it was covered.

Second, we have been doing major work in and around the house. We firstly made a fence out of red cedars. The old fence belongs to the school behind us, so since we couldn't tear it down, we put a living fence in front of it. Then, came time to pull out the 2 stumps that have been sitting around for a while. The trees were dead when we moved in so we had to cut them off, leaving the stumps. Picture below shows the lovely dead trees.



Below as above, a picture of the lovely shed.




And now what it looks like after a bit of much needed stain, and some time and effort.


And a general picture of how it looks without the stumps, and the new living fence.


And I am sure there is more but that should do for now. Oh yeah, Art had to re-caulk the tub and floors in the kitchen, cause when the old stuff got moldy, apparantly they just caulked over it. Nothing burns my butt more than someone who does a job half-assed!!

And we have also been working on the inside also. There is a wall in my kitchen that had lovely (gag) walllpaper flowers. You have to know that this was a rental house before we purchased it, so things were not done to our standards. In any event, they put the wallpaper in the kitchen right on top of drywall. Bunch of idiots. We spent this weekend, painting the ceiling in the kitchen, ripping off old wallpaper, mudding the whole wall several times ( Done by Art.... the expert), and then primered and then painted the wall. It actually turned out better than we had expected, as we picked a rather bright yellow for the wall. But, anything looks better than the old flowered wallpaper that was on there before.

It's starting to look like a decent house.

9 Comments:

At 8:09 p.m., Blogger footsack said...

Yes Carol it is a huge improvement. I know what you mean about people doing things half assed. We (I mean Art) has done his share of starting a small job in our house and then it ended up being a big job. Every time I walk into my bathroom, I am amazed at how different it looks. I did take pictures of it but I sure wish I had taken before pictures. then I would post them so everyone could see what an amazing job Art did. It looks fabulous if I do say so myself. And all the pink is gone. Wahoo!!!

 
At 9:54 a.m., Blogger Melanie said...

NICE WORK! That looks awesome! I've missed your blogging, and agree about doing things half-assed...I can't stand it...I'm a Braun at heart I guess.

 
At 9:55 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Wow... It sure does look different, and MUCH better... and I drove that fancy-dancy track hoe machine, thank you very much!! It was fun... Your house is definitely looking better all the time... They caulked OVER the mould? What a bunch of dorks. I didn't know, but I kinda thought it must be a rental house... What with that horrid wallpaper that no one in their right mind would have if they owned the house... Now you just need to get some bedroom curtains (that pink waffle blanket needs to go!) and get rid of the blue spraypainted "SUP DOG" on the front sidewalk.

 
At 11:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks great. We'll be there in person to see it all in about a month.We'll let you know exactly what day so you can have coffee on.
Love Sue

 
At 12:29 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

I do have to say that Art does amazing work for sure. Course, now we do eventually need tile down in the bathroom, but that will likely have to wait. So many projects, so little funds to do it.
Carrie, you don't like that nice pink waffle curtain-blanket? Sheeeeesh I am offended. LOL
Mel, I will try to get more blogs up, but I am not making any promises.

 
At 1:04 p.m., Blogger Carlie said...

wow, that looks really good :)

 
At 2:11 p.m., Blogger Becky said...

Can you do my house next?

 
At 5:49 p.m., Blogger John said...

I hope to see all this first hand this summer. We are planning to come out in Aug. That shed looks good enough for me to sleep in. Does it leak?

 
At 10:09 a.m., Blogger Carol said...

If you come out in August, it is still warm enough for you to sleep in the shed. Course you will have to share your space with all Art's tools and stuff we have stored in there. The only thing I hate about not having a basement or even a crawl space is not having a place to store all your extra stuff.

We also may have another visitor here in August, but the plans aren't solid yet, so when they are I will post more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home