Driver's are so rude...
I had to go to the local grocery store this morning before work today to pick up bottled water for the office. I got the Jeep loaded, and was getting ready to pull out ( in reverse.) As I shoulder checked I noticed a small car, but it was stopped so I proceeded to back out, to get out of the way, so she could proceed. As I looked at her, I could see she was muttering to herself. Once I was out of the way, and had put the vehicle into "Drive" she passed me and then flipped me the bird!! I was of course a little dumbfound, as I really had not cut her off, she was already stopped. I mean, wow, I must have taken a whole 5 - 10 seconds of her time, to get out of the way so she could proceed. I wish I had thought at the time, as I would have followed her, and then gotten out and asked what her problem was. Dumb, stupid ignorant people. What a lovely way to start the day.If that wasn't bad enough, I am now pulling into the parking lot at work. Now you have to realize that I need to back in from the street, as the large 5 gallon water bottles are sitting in the back of the Jeep. They are heavy, and it's easier for me to back in, so that I am closed to the door of the office. I have just put the vehicle into "Reverse" and again, I am looking backwards, and not going very fast, when a little truck swerves behind me, and goes screaming past the rear of my Jeep. Sheeeeeeeeeeeeesh!! The stupid SOB. Course now it was my turn to flip a bird, but he was going so fast, that by the time it entered my mind to do so, he was long gone.
I just don't get the drivers here in BC. It seems if you have your back up lights on, that means quickly scream behind the aforementioned person.
Some people have no driving etiquette whatsover. I hope they both get into an accident today, and total off their vehicles. Even better, I hope that I am the one who is driving by the accident site, so I can flip them the bird!!


17 Comments:
I have SERIOUS road rage... Living in Yorkton doesn't help. The problem here is different though. They don't drive like jerks they drive like morons. Whoever the driver instructors are here should be fired and fired quickly. They just put a new traffic circle in and I swear you'd see less confused people at a men's pantyhose and tampons conference. It's kinda sad really...
that's hilarious Becky. I agree about the drivers here in BC. They Suck!! I wish everyone would go to Alberta and learn how to drive. I still drive like an Albertan, which is get in the fast lane and drive like he** to get out of the way of anyone else. People here have NO IDEA what the fast lane is for and the speed limit is 90 kms EVERYWHERE!! I only have road rage when people don't get out of my way or Ken is driving....yeah, he's a BC driver and it drives me crazy :{
The other day in Nanaimo I was pulling out of a parking spot and I noticed there was an elderly couple waiting to pull in. They were stopped and signaling for my spot. I backed out so that I ended up facing them and as I started driving away a young punk with a brand new mustang pulled into my parking spot right behind me. I couldn't feakin' believe it! He saw the elderly couple waiting and just stole the spot from them! I was mad and got out and asked the stupid jerk if he had grand parents. He said, Yeah, what of it. I asked him if he would think it would be fun to watch someone treat them with the disrespect he had just shown. He called me a nosey b___ and got back into his car, backed out and took off with tires screaming. What a jerk! I felt a bit vindicated though. He was probably friends with the maggots who broke my van window last year aan stole my purse. Slimeball.
We have an ongoing joke here in Gillette anbout the way we all feel about the way people drive in this town. As it's an industrial town, there are a lot of people with trucks, or huge SUV's and a lot of semi's going back and forth between the mines. The rest of the population is made up of the 4,000 teens that populate Gillette. And then there's the mini-van people, if you have one, I'm sorry, I can't stand mini van drivers. That about covers it. People here tend to think that they're the "Center of the Universe". People cut you off, steal your parking spot, swear at you, ride you bumper, as a daily occurence. We don't understand because they're obviously the Center of the Universe and how dare I think that I could just pull into that empty spot?
Also, they just tried to pass a law in Wyoming that you can't have open liquor in a moving vehicle (still totally legal here. I can have a bottle of wine while Peter drives down the road). The law was overturned. Thank goodness though, all those drive-thru liquor places can still stay open.
Mom, I definitely think we should have jumped out of the Jeep, followed her and rang the crap out of her.. kicked her in the shins a couple of times... Or maybe taken those bottles of water and smacked her over the head... Some people are just rude, and it makes me so mad...
The rudest thing I EVER saw was when my dad was driving me to school, and as we were stopped at an intersection, we saw an ambulance coming the other way with it's sirens on... and just as he was about to go through the intersection, a pickup truck flew through the intersection, and the ambulance had to slam on it's brakes to keep from hitting the idiot!! I was so mad, and completely and utterly disgusted at society, and how someone could do that... Seriously, you could have waited that extra couple of seconds... the person who was waiting for that ambulance might not...
Yeah, BC drivers are retarded...
I think the time is now ripe for my dad to come on here and rant about people who cut into funeral processions... Dad?
The problem with drivers are really basically, younger drivers think they know it all, and really really older people already forgot it all....so...*sign, with a head ache* what r we gonna do. Seriously it's so scary driving around here too, no indicators, just swirving across the road, and then of course the darn middle finger just all over the place. And no, they r not just greeting, I think that it actually meens something really ugly...hmmmm...lol
It's a craZy world out there
I am not even sure that I want to hear the story about someone cutting into a funeral procession.....in my opinion they should just then become a PART of the funeral procession.
Yeah, Carol. I sign on the hearse, "This could be you. Drive carefully."
When we were on the way to Warman to the graveyard, on Mavis's funeral, some guy cut in front of us so he could get on the entrance ramp to circle drive before me. Somebody said the differance between ugly and stupid, I can always get a nose job, but when you are stupid, youre stupid 24/7. Location does not give you a corner on stupidity either. There are just bad drivers all over the world. What amazes me is that there is an equal amount of young and old. Now you must figure that the young just finished driver training and all, so how did they get so bad so fast. The old people just finally forgot how to drive smart, but what excuse do the young people have. I think most of it is a lack of attention. I have done a couple of things behind the wheel that I'm not real proud of either.BUT THOSE OTHER PEOPLE, MAN ARE THEY EVER AWFUL. I can't really make a mistake....can I?
*giggle* I agree, Auntie Margaret, that's a great idea... morons...
I can't believe people like that, Uncle John... what a pack of jerks...
Yep, hearing that just annoys the heck out of me. Moronic idiots!!
It's friday. Got a funny post?
Alberta drivers aren't much better...
Yeah...and no offence to anyone but have you noticed that alot of the stupid cocky moronic young driver happen to be male? Well, around Stony Plain anyway. They have their nice shiny trucks (that their mommy's and daddies bought for them, that or they are drug dealers) and they go around squeeling tires, and cutting people off, tail gating and speeding. They will one day get their karmatic smack from the universe and either get a massive ticket or kill themselves! But I must say some of the female drivers out there scare me worse than the males. They try to multitask a little too much...
You know what I like to do to tale gaiters? Especially if I am passing a semi or something like that...well...if they come up on my ass...I will slow downand match the speed of the semi...drives them nuts...but the back off.
I remember this one time I was driving home from the mall with my brother...and some guy was right on my ass...I'm talking less than a foot of space between the vehicles. So...I slowed down...from 100k to about 60k. and he stuck with me...so I slowed down to 40k...then he passed me...so I sped up again...well he noticed this, and pulled back behind me...ass hole! Another time I was pulling off of highway 16A onto Anthony Henday...on that nice little merge ramp, preparing to yeild to traffic, and this truck behind me was speeding and swerving, if I hadn't pulled off on the side of the road, he would have plowed me over!
I had this friend...she was not a very good driver...she would have scared anyone...she liked to use her car to punish people who pissed her off on the road. She was following me home one night, and some moron cut me off...so she saw this and pulled infront of him, and proceeded to slam on her brakescausing him to do the same and swerve to avoid hitting her...people like that should not be allowed to drive!
I agree Mel, some dirvers should just not be on the road at all.
I miss your funny Friday posts. I thought you should know.
Mel,
I will try on occasion to get in a funny post just for you!!
Post a Comment
<< Home