Monday, August 14, 2006

Parksville Sand Sculpting Contest



A few pictures of the Sand Sculpting contests that take place in Parksville every year. Usually some time in August.
If you want to go and see some of the amazing pictures from last year you can go HERE



As you can see, they come from all over, even Russia.



Above, a picture of the neglected roses that were in our front yard. I think I may have a nice plant here next year.




This is a picture of one of my favorite sculptures this year. It was titled Drag Inn, and boasted 2 BBQ Knights. Amazing the detail that they put into these things. Good thing they are available for the public viewing for about 2 weeks.



Another sculpture titled Kong's Girl. Again, I love how the hand holding the girl seems like it's coming up out of the ground.

10 Comments:

At 10:06 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I loved the sculptures, I was glad I got to see them this year. You should have gotten a front shot of Kong's face, it was really realistic. All the sculptures were incredible, it's crazy insane what you can do with sand.

 
At 10:29 a.m., Blogger Carol said...

Yep, I guess I will edit this post, and put the link in for the pictures of the sculptures they did least year. I did get a shot of his face, but did not want to post too much for those who live out here and still may want to go and see them.

 
At 11:53 a.m., Blogger Claudia said...

Great pictures Carol!
Naima got to see those with Daddy.

I had no idea they were this week ...

 
At 12:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww.... and I can't go see them this year. They look great and so do your roses. We saw the sculptures last year and they were awesome, but my daughter deleted all the pics by accident!! Oh well maybe next year we will come visit when they are there again.
Connie

 
At 9:35 a.m., Blogger Carol said...

Connie,

I did add a link for the beach fest. I would imagine they will likely update the pics to include the sculptures done this year.

 
At 11:29 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW those are awesome. I guess we came out to early. maybe next time.
sue

 
At 4:45 p.m., Blogger John said...

Next to location, location, location, its all about timing Sue. I saw them. Na na na na na.

 
At 9:21 a.m., Blogger Carol said...

Sue, next time come out some time in August, as that is usually when the sandsculpting competitions go on. then you can go na na na na neener neener to John! :)

 
At 9:23 a.m., Blogger Melanie said...

I hate missing the sculptures, they're so amazing. We went last year, and will be going next year, so that's a good thing anyway. Thanks for posting the pictures of them!!

 
At 10:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time I think I will come out for the whole summer. That way I don't miss anything. John did you see the big castle in victoria? If not na na na na to you. If you did I 'll think of something else.
Love Sue

 

Post a Comment

<< Home