Thanksgiving
Wow, it's been a while since I actually have posted anything. Tsk Tsk @ me.So, a few new things in our lives. We have some house guests. Joe and Connie and their family are moving back to the island, and are staying with us until they can find a place.
Sophie, our black Shih Tzu found a new home last week. She is a wonderful dog, but very afraid around any loud noises. Eg, thunder, loud voices, and whistles. To make a long story short our yard backs onto the elementary and high school yards. Needless to say, they play football, and soccer, and lots of whistles are blowing. Sophie at times, does not even want to go outside. So, we wanted to find her a quiet home, where she hopefully will be less stressed. One animal gone, and still 4 at home.
This is Sophie.

Thanksgiving. We had 2 Thanksgivings this year. Lucky us. Sunday, we had over my sister Bev, her husband Darron, and their 2 kids Alex and Cassie. It is nice to have some family here, that I am actually related to. Then yesterday, we had another feast over at Margarets. Again, I am glad to have family to spend time with.
I am going to hide our weigh scale, cause I am pretty sure I ate about 10 lbs of turkey in the last 2 days.


11 Comments:
It must have been a real treat to have Thanksgiving with your sister and family. I love having my family around and I have had that all my life.
No kidding, Mom, has it ever!! I have some houseguests, too, but you know that. :P I miss Sophie!! :( But I'm glad that she's going to be in a home where she'll hopefully be much happier. I'm so glad that I was here for Thanksgiving. I never realized how much I missed everyone when I lived in Alberta, and we had holidays with Kyle's parents. It's just not the same to me. But I guess I'll have to get used to spending some holidays with them, I can't really expect him to always have them with our family. Or could I?!
A NEW POST! And only a little over a month's wait. If you work that out it means that I have checked your blog at least 37 times with nothing new. And if you add my amount to Ang's then you have at least 74 times... Probably more. I'd say it was worth the wait, but there were no pictures. Not even of the beloved Sophie...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Yes Carrie, it is great to be able to spend time with family. That is what is important. Even if it's with your in-laws. Yes Margaret, it was nice to spend it with Bev and Darron and their kids.
Sorry, there is not a picture posted of Sophie. I will make sure to rectify that issue right away. Keeping in mind, that when I see her picture, I will bawl like a baby, and then my keyboard will get soggy, and then short out, and I could possibly get electrocuted, or even worse a new hair-do. :) So, I will add a picture of Sophie just for you Becky. I want to keep my readers happy.
Oohh...Sophie is soooo cute. I hope your keyboard recovers, Carol.
I am sure it will. I will keep the blowdryer handy.
Oh no, I don't want to be responsible for the death of a loved family member! Maybe adding even more electrical devices isn't the answer... I suggest a really big hankie instead of the blowdryer.
Thanks for the pic though. Now it was worth the wait.
I contacted the lady who has Sophie. I waited about a week or so to give her a chance to settle into her new environment. The lady says she's doing fine, and her grandson wants to come to her house to "babysit" Sophie.
Isn't it great when you have to find homes for your pets and they go somewhere where they are very happy. I felt sick about letting Pixie and Pedro go too but when I found out what kind of a home Pixie would have, I was able to happily let her go. She has a way better life now and is spoiled rotten. I can't say that I even ever miss them. I think because I never had to worry about them. Now I just need to find such loving homes for my horses. Those will be much harder to sell than my dogs.
:( :(
I do miss her, but every time I am in the back yard, and there is a team practicing and whistles are blowing, I am glad that I don't have to be concerned that Sophie is off somewhere hiding, and tryin to get as far away from noise as she can. I do miss her, but I think possibly Oscar is missing her more. He seems a bit melancholy.
Post a Comment
<< Home