Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Trip to Saskatchewan

We drove back to Saskatchewan so we could visit Art's brother John in the hospital. He has recently been diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma ( to make it simple, a cancer in the blood.) We saw John almost every day that we were there. We did the trip in 18 1/2 hours. No stopping, unless for gas, or a bit to eat.

Since being in the area, we also had some other visiting to do. We stayed with Cheryl and Leo in Saskatoon. We got in visits with Sean and Jewel ( our old neighbors in Osler), Joe and Anna ( very old friends of ours), a visit to the cemetery, where my Mom, and Dad, and Nana are buried. Also a trip to Prince Albert, where we met Jake and Colleen and their kids for supper. Margaret and her son Jack came with us.

And a trip to Regina to see Tara and Adam.



This is a picture of the beautiful sunset while we were in Prince Albert.



A goofy picture of Adam. He has a huge gum ball in his mouth he got after we had gone for a game of Laser Tag. All I can say is Tara beat the whole group of us, and surprisingly I didn't come in last.



It was Adam's 6th birthday on the 28th of this month. We did get to buy a present for him, and he opened it while we were there. This is him and his Spiderman.



Tara has 2 Japanese students staying with her. This is them, Yuki ( on your right) and Saki ( on the left.) Hope I spelled their names correctly.



We took our time on the trip home, and stayed in Jasper for the night. This is a picture I got before we got to the hotel.

9 Comments:

At 3:40 p.m., Blogger Margaret said...

Wow! I loves the sunset and the mountain storm pictures. Of course the pictures of Adam and Tara are great, but that goes without saying. Sunsets like that you don't see here very often, though.

 
At 9:39 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I agree. That picture of the sunset is so beautiful. Sunsets here and sunsets in Saskatchewan are so different.

 
At 10:44 a.m., Blogger footsack said...

Awesome pictures. We didn't see any nice sunsets when we were there. Sunsets there are beautiful as they fill the whole sky and usually last a long time. Here though when the sun slips below the water and you see that last bit of glow on the waves, to me that is also beautiful. They are very different but to me, both awesome. I think it has more to do with God's beauty than the place.

 
At 11:25 a.m., Blogger Toad said...

that picture is insane cool. it was good to see you guys. thanks for coming.

 
At 8:48 p.m., Blogger Becky said...

Ditto to what Ang said.

Oh yeah, and Carrie said the F word on Ang's blog. I thought you should know. ;)

 
At 9:07 p.m., Blogger Becky said...

She said the S word and the B word on her blog too. I say you ground her.

 
At 10:08 a.m., Blogger Carol said...

Thanks for letting me know Becky. A carrie grounding will soon be in the works. :o)

 
At 11:19 a.m., Blogger Toad said...

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET. LOL.

 
At 10:08 p.m., Blogger Becky said...

Ha ha ha! I don't know why I think this is so funny, but I do. I am laughing hysterically right now. I love our family.

Na na na na na Carrie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home