And as always after a storm, there is some beauty. As you can see below, a wonderful rainbow that only lasted for a few minutes. Had I not been outside at the time, I would have missed it. These pictures were taken Wed, Dec 13th, as Carrie and Inge were here making Christmas Chocolates.
In the picture below, there actually are 2 rainbows. The second one above is very faint, but it is there.



7 Comments:
Yeah, we were also pretty lucky during that storm. On Monday, the power was only out for a couple of hours. Kyle's mom was worried about us, wondering if we were okay or if we blew away in the storm.
That rainbow was INCREDIBLE. There's one thing about rainbows, pictures just never do them justice. The pictures are nice, but it's about a million times better in real life.
Rainbows in December... I wish. Our snow is actually quite nice. We have lots and it looks realy pretty. I just hope it doesn't get real cold for Christmas.
How did the chocolates turn out? I haven't made them for years. I still have all my molds so maybe I'll try it again this year.
Love and Merry Christmas to you and your family. Wish we could be together.
I love living here, I really do.
Our power never went out once, but the one night, the wind howled so terribly I was sure the house was going to come down.
Thank goodness you are all okay.
I'm actually hoping for a white Christmas ... :(
well maybe not a storm.
Feliz Navidad!
Pretty. All that green makes me so jealous and makes me want to come for a nice long visit.
Sue, the chocolates turned out great. I haven't made them in quite a while either.
Becky, let us know when you are coming for a visit!!
I just wanted to throw a HUGE thanks to Carol and her family, Justin and I were one of the unfortunate ones without power for 4-5 days, and bless their hearts they were kind enough for me to hang out during the days while Justin was working. The chocolates, by the way, are really good. I had a blast making them with Carol and Carrie, was a 1st time for me doing that.
I had never witnessed a double rainbow until that day, and I must say that it is a beautiful sight to behold.
Post a Comment
<< Home