Sunday, January 07, 2007

Going Home.

I found some amazing flight deals with WestJet, so I am flying first to Saskatoon and staying with my girlfriend Cheryl, so I can get some visiting in. I didn't realize how long it has been since I was last home. It was for my Mom's funeral, and that was in July '02. I also want to see Lori, and Sean and Jewel, and possibly rent a car, and drive to Regina to see Tara and our grandson Adam. Carol-Anne, who I worked with at the Saskatoon Inn, also lives in Regina. I don't have any plans written in stone, I just know that with as much as I would like to see and do, I am not sure a week will be long enough. I also want to go to the cemetery , as that is where my Mom and Dad and Nana are. I would like to be able to see George and Mary at the Osler store ( where I used to work.)

Then I fly from Saskatoon to Edmonton. I will stay with my girlfriend Carol. She and I went to Puerto Vallarta Mexico together. It was a great trip. There will also be some people I used to work at the airport I would like to see. I will be gone a total of 2 weeks.

Art said at first that if I wanted, I could book a trip to Mexico. Don't get me wrong, I would still love to go to Mexico, but I was feeling home sick, and knew if I didn't do this now, it would be a long time before I do it again. I am not sure what prompted me to want to go back to SK and AB especially when Janury is normally the coldest of the winter months. Oh well, I will make sure to dress warmly, as I have turned into a wimp living on the Island. (Yes, I admit it, a wimp I tell you)

I leave on Wednesday.

:o)

16 Comments:

At 10:00 p.m., Blogger footsack said...

Well Carol, I also don't know what possessed you but I also have the travel bug. I am leaving on Jan 23rd but will be gone for about 11 days. I am going to warm and sunny Florida and I have only one family to visit so that will be great.
Ken and I hope to take a trip to Sk but I am also a big wimp and am waiting until the real cold is gone....like maybe in July.
I do hope you have a wonderful time there with all your friends and family.
Praying for a safe trip for you and happy times.

 
At 1:23 a.m., Blogger Sue said...

Sounds like a busy week. Hope to see you while you are here. Call if you have time for a coffee, or if you need anything,ie. breakfast, lunch, supper or a ride somewhere.

 
At 8:17 a.m., Blogger Margaret said...

Well, I wish I could go with you. I would love to see Mom and Dad, Sue, John & Chris, and all my friends. To do ti properly, I really would need to take 2 weeks and I just don't think I could take 2 weeks of Sask winter. I have truely become a wimp. So have a great trip.

 
At 8:39 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I am jealous, Mom. As much as I'm happy where I am, I would love to go back and visit. I miss it. One of these times, I want to take Kyle to Osler and show him where I grew up, especially before it's so long away and I forget too much. And I'd like to visit all my friends in Alberta, too. I'm happy for you, though, and I hope you have a great time. Make sure to get some good pictures!!

 
At 9:22 p.m., Blogger Claudia said...

Aww, I get home sick too. So glad that you get to go and visit your loved ones.

Praying for a safe trip. I hope you have a blast, which Im sure you will.

Can't wait for next posts about it :)

 
At 12:30 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

Mitz, I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip to Florida. I guess I just felt the need to see home, although doing it in July would have definately been better.

Sue, if I have some time, I will certainly give you a call. I think with all the travelling I have to do, I likely will be renting a car.

Margaret, Some company would be good. I know son Kyle wished he could go too.

Carrie, I will try to get some good pictures while I am there.I just hope I can find the time to do all the things I want to.

Claudia, I expect to be really busy while in SK, and it likely will be a bit more laid back while I am in AB. I hope you aren't too homesick. I am sure I will post pictures when I am back home.

 
At 9:44 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a really really great trip... stay warm!

 
At 3:51 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

** UPDATE* I leave on Thursday.

 
At 8:27 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol... no kidding :P

 
At 10:23 p.m., Blogger Claudia said...

Bon voyage ma chérie!!

Have a safe flight, and save me some peanuts!

 
At 10:18 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

I made it here safe and sound. Sorry, I didn't get peanuts, I got pretzels, and I was hungry so I ate them. Sorry Claudia

 
At 11:53 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

I miss you, Mommy. I know you won't read this until you are home, I can't wait til you come home. We need to get together and do some invitation stuff. And we should watch Mulan. I have it on special edition DVD, you know. *wink wink nudge nudge*

 
At 9:16 a.m., Blogger Carol said...

Carrie,

I miss you too. Watching Mulan sounds good, and yes we need to get going on the invitations.

See you when I get home.

 
At 9:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to go on Sunday with Daddy and pick out some paper, and start working on ideas. I think I know how I want them to look in my head, but I'll see how I can make it work. When do you get home?

 
At 10:13 a.m., Blogger Carol said...

I leave Edmonton on Tues around 4:30 pm....... so I will arrive in Comox in the early evening. I will call you when I am home.

 
At 3:47 p.m., Blogger Claudia said...

but ... but, but, not even one peanut ... or a pretzel?? ...

i thought you loved me ... =(

Although I am glad you made it safe and sound, but still hurt from not saving airplane food...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home