Saturday, June 09, 2007

News and a funny.

John, this update is definately for you.

I started a temporary job on Monday. I have been putting out resumes for the last while. I did get an interview at one place, but later a phone call saying they weren't going to need me, they had chosen someone else.

Anyway, Save On Foods, the local grocery store called as I had left a resume there recently. They were hiring for what they term the store "Re-line". If I was willing to take that position, then it could lead to something further. So, I am working doing the store re-line. I have to be at work at 5 AM, and we work a 10 hour day from Monday to Friday. Did I mention I have to be at work at 5 AM???? If any of yo have tips on how I can get to sleep before 11 PM I would appreciate it. Running on 4 - 5 hours of sleep just isn't working for me.

I have been there for a week now. Some of the people that they hired didn't show up, and yesterday they had to let a guy go, cause he was opening and eating stuff off the shelves as he was working. So, if any of you want to come work at Save On, let me know. :o) This is not a pleasant job, but it's a bit of extra cash, as I have not been working for a while now.

And now for the funny!

Doctor Dave had slept with one of his patients and felt guilty all day
long. No matter how much he tried to forget about it, he couldn't.

The sense of guilt and betrayal was overwhelming. But every once in a
while he'd hear an internal, reassuring voice that said: "Dave, don't worry
about it. You aren't the first doctor to sleep with one of his patients and you
won't be the last; and you're single. Just let it go."

But invariably another voice would bring him back to reality,whispering
"Dave, you're a veterinarian....

10 Comments:

At 10:32 a.m., Blogger footsack said...

Like I said...if you need more sleep, use drugs. They work great :) A little gravol goes a long way for me.

 
At 2:25 p.m., Blogger Trav said...

wow... that joke.... wow.... ummm yeah... wow


btw, congrats on the new job

 
At 2:47 p.m., Blogger John said...

I agree with Mitz. Let drugs be your friend. Gravol works great for me too. Congratulations on the job. That would be a good job for me, cause I am usually up by 3:30 or 4 every day anyway, but I definetly sleep more than a 11 pm.
Funny funny Carol. What the heck does btw stand for?

 
At 8:14 a.m., Blogger Margaret said...

John, didn't we go through this once before? Is your memoery slipping?
btw = by the way. I have sleeping pills from my doctor. They work like a charm. Art tried one and said they were crap, but I love them. I wake up every morning at about 5 weather I take one or not, but at least when I take one I fall asleep and stay asleep. Maybe I should take this on as a summer job. Better yet, maybe Jack should take this on. I think I'll talk to him when he gets back from Vancouver.

 
At 8:37 a.m., Blogger Carol said...

This job is only temporary. It will last for 2 - 3 weeks. Then I am done. But there is the possibility it could lead to further work with Save On.

 
At 9:32 a.m., Blogger Unknown said...

Mom, I use Gravol. It works like a charm for me. I mean, you see how I get drowsy anytime we go on a car ride. Pop a couple of those babies that you'll be out.

And no post is complete without a disgusting, but equally funny, beastiality joke.

 
At 8:59 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update! That was a terrible joke!! Even if I'm laughing at it... he he he.
Maybe I'm a terrible person?
Hey the bank is hiring, you should apply!

 
At 3:26 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

Yep, it's a good thing I don't write the jokes, just share them.

I will have to drop a resume off at the bank, thanks Mel.

 
At 9:19 a.m., Blogger John said...

btw tutz, we did go through this before, but I guess I forgot.

 
At 8:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can run and move but you cannot hide.....I found you.

marla


marlaandres@hotmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home