Monday, August 20, 2007

Carrie and Kyle's Wedding

The morning of the Wedding, we checked the forecast online for our area. As the weather here lately has been cloudy and rainy ( once again) we haven't watched the weather forecasts as much as we have in this past week. Our area was forecast for about 1 mm of rain at the most. The clouds were hanging about, and there was not a ray of sunshine to be seen. The plan was to have the wedding outside, with the Bride and Groom to have the ceremony at the Gazebo on the Whitley House property.

The bride was nervous, and of course did not want rain on her wedding day. I do not have the ability to change the weather, although on this day I wish I could have. We waited until the last minute, and at 1:45 ( 15 mins before the wedding was to start) decided we had better have the ceremony under the covered tent. This is where all the tables were set up, and which would not have an "aisle" for her to walk down. We all got drenched running back and forth trying to make sure everything got set up. Kyle and Keegan were out directing all the vehicles for parking. (Yep, in the pouring rain.)

I went to see Carrie after our final decision was made, and tell her that the ceremony was not going to happen around the Gazebo. I know she was disappointed, but we didn't want to have soaking wet guests. Her final question to me was " Is there going to be an 'aisle' for me to walk down?" My immediate response was "Yes" even though I knew there would not be an aisle with all the tables already set up. God is good.

We were a bit late in starting the ceremony, and it all worked out in the end. Now her "aisle" would be the path leading from the house, to the back of the yard where the tent was set up.

It was raining, as she walked into the tent. And during the ceremony, I could hear the noise of the rain hitting the tent the whole time. Again, God is good. As soon as the ceremony was over, the rain did let up. This gave us the chance to be outside for the receiving line, and also get some photos of the Newlyweds and their families before they and their wedding party went to the beach for some more photos.

I was occupied and did not get too many photos. Uncle Ken was their wedding photographer. I found out the next day, that he had taken over 1,000 photos. I can't wait to see them, as he also took their engagement photo's and did a fantastic job.

These photos will have to do for now, and we hope to get more posted once they are available. Our daughter is no longer a Braun, but is now Mrs Carrie Brisson.

*sob & smile*




The Happy Couple


Mr & Mrs Kyle Brisson

6 Comments:

At 2:36 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

yaye!! congratulations!!! i'm glad everything worked out for the wedding!!

 
At 1:42 p.m., Blogger Margaret said...

Beautiful pictures.

 
At 4:37 p.m., Blogger Abe&Maggie said...

Carol,
Thank-you for posting those wedding pictures, they are very nice.Can't wait to see more of them.
Yes I could not agree with you more that God is Good!!
God Bless

 
At 11:58 p.m., Blogger Sue said...

It was a beautiful wedding.

 
At 11:59 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

You are welcome. I find posting pictures are way better for me on Facebook.

Ken was the official photographer for the wedding, and took millions of great shots. Ok, I exaggerate, maybe a thousand, so I have to pick out my favorite ones, and I will post them in an album on Facebook.

 
At 7:46 p.m., Blogger Carol said...

You can see more photos on my Facebook account.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home